Patient Centered Medical Home – What it means for you as parents of our patients, what we as your care team will do for you, and what we expect you to do for your children’s health.
Patient Centered Medical Home means that you will be surrounded by a dedicated team of health professionals, working together with you, to optimize your health goals for your children using the best evidence-based medicine and resources available for you today. We will help empower you to take responsibility for your children’s health and give you the self-management support that you need to succeed.
As your primary care provider/team we will:
- Learn about your children, your family, life situation, and health goals and preferences. We will review these and your health history every time you seek care and suggest treatments that make sense for you.
- Take care of any short-term illness, long-term chronic disease, and your children’s all-around well-being.
- Keep you up-to-date on all your children’s vaccines and preventative screening tests.
- Connect you with other members of your care team (specialists, other providers, etc.) and coordinate your family’s care with them as health needs change.
- Be available to you after hours for your urgent needs.
- Notify you of test results in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly with you so you understand your children’s conditions and all your treatment options.
- Listen to your questions and feelings. We will respond promptly to you – and your calls – in a way you understand.
- Help you make the best decisions for your children’s care.
- Give you information about classes, support groups, or other services that can help you learn more
- about your children’s condition and stay healthy.
We trust you, as parents of our patients, to:
- Know that you are a full partner with us in your children’s care.
- Come to each visit with any updates on medications, dietary supplements, or remedies you are using, and with any questions you may have.
- Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule or cancel as early as possible.
- Understand your children’s health conditions and what you can do to stay as healthy as possible.
- Work with us to develop and follow a plan that is best for your children’s health. If you have obstacles to this plan please discuss these fully with us.
- Give medication as prescribed.
- Contact us after hours only if your issue cannot wait until the next work day.
- If possible contact us before going to the emergency room so someone who knows your medical history can coordinate care for you.
- Agree that all health care providers in our care team will receive all information related to your children’s healthcare.
- Learn about your health insurance coverage either from your insurer, or if you have additional questions about your benefits contact our billing specialists at BCD Health Partners at 201-252-8700 ext. #214.
- Give us feedback to help us improve our care for your family.
Please call our office with any questions 732-741-9800 press #7 for our Office Manager.
Our Office Hours:
Monday to Friday 9:15 to 4:30 PM
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: Extended evening hours to 6:30 PM
Saturday 9 AM – 11:30 AM
Sunday Hours for emergencies by arrangement with the doctor on call.
When we are not in the office, please call the main office number: 732-741-9800. One of our doctors is always on call, and will return your call promptly to advise you on the most appropriate handling of any emergent issue or problem.